Thursday, January 3, 2013

Vegan cookies

This seems to be my normal breakfast, tea with honey and brewer's yeast



Followed by cookies!
I went to the grocery store for more supplies and picked up some more tea while I was at it
I made four varieties: vegan cocoa, vegan peanut butter, vegan chocolate chip, and gluten/sugar free for my mom
Teddy Bear chocolate chip vegan cookies


Here is the recipe I used: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegancookierecipes/r/chocchipcookies.htm
I picked it because I liked the way their cookies looked in the picture. I quite liked the recipe (and added some coconut milk for a smoother mixture). The cookies turned out wonderfully and I don't really think they taste all that different from their non-vegan counterparts.


Vegans love chocolate chip cookies too! This classic recipe tastes just like the ones mom used to make, you won't even know they're vegan.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat together the margarine, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg replacer. Add the dry ingredients to this and stir until combined well.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop one inch spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are golden brown.



I ate a late lunch of a salad (an entire avocado, pepper, balsamic, half a yellow pepper, a quarter of a cucumber) and some orange juice mixed with grapefruit juic



For dinner I made sushi! (Brown rice with some tofurkey, avocado, cucumber, and seaweed)


Prepping the roll

Remember that joint supplement I was taking? I looked at the ingredients and found that it is made with seafood! The worst kind too! The bottom feeders! I don't really think it is working for me so I am not taking it anymore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment