Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Let's Vegin again...

This project is not a new year's resolution. I do not follow that trend. Hence why I started when I spontaneously fleshed out this idea for a project that I had been thinking about for some time yesterday. Or rather, I meant to start yesterday. Then I found out what my weakness for the project will be. It is not chocolate. It is not chicken. It is salmon. I love salmon. My mom brought home four large pieces of the delicious fish. How could I say no? I was at the zero hour. I could have it as my last meal, right? So today I vegin again with my project and this time, there will be no cheats or start-overs. 21 days of pure veganism.

To start off I made some breakfast: Green tea with honey, carrots and natural peanut butter









And whilst I was enjoying my breakfast I made a snack:

Fries!
Ingredients: 1 sweet potato, 1 regular potato, pepper, sea salt, basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions: Cut up potatoes and mix in oil and herbs



Then it was time to hit the grocery store: 
Yay for trying new foods!

cost so far: $67.13

 I still need to get my protein supplement and my fruits and veggies for the next couple of days.

Dinnertime: Ingredients to make my big meal of the day,

Pasta sauce: Made with organic tomato sauce with garlic and some coconut milk added for extra creaminess. I also tried out my new sausage. By itself the sausage has a peculiar flavor but mixed in with the sauce and eaten with the pasta it is quite delicious and hardly different from regular sausage or meat if that's what you're going for.

Vegan cheese: My first thought, "This is NOT cheese!" But of course it's not cheese. I flaked a piece off to try it after opening. And yes, flaked is an appropriate word for how it crumbled off in a sinewy string. It tasted unlike any cheese I have ever tried. I'm fairly certain there will be no adequate substitute for cheese. However, I do not need to eat cheese to survive. My evil has already been established as salmon (and probably whipped cream). I will not be buying anymore of the vegan cheese ($4.99) but it is alright grated on top of the pasta.

The flavors blended well when mixed together but by themselves they were out of place.


Pasta and a salad

Dessert: Should have stirred this before eating because the coconut oil had separated from the slightly gelatinous slop in the middle. Overall, quite delicious but a bit expensive for one personal-sized container ($1.99)





If I get hungry later I will munch on some rice cakes.








No comments:

Post a Comment